Join Skills for Life Network
Which organisations can join Skills for Life Network?
Membership is open to all provider organisations in the learning and skills sector, including independent consultants and trainers, from a wide range of contexts: Work-based Learning, FE Colleges, Adult and Community Learning, Specialist Colleges, Offender Learning and Skills, Welfare to Work, Higher Education and Information, Advice and Guidance.
What are the benefits of organisational membership?
As a member of Skills for Life Network, your organisation will benefit from:
- An online listing in our Training and Development Directory. You will have your own, full webpage listing in our searchable Directory, complete with links to your website and contact details so that people can click through to your website or contact you directly to find out more about your programmes and services.
- Promotion of your listing via our e-news update (12,000+ subscribers). We promote the Training Directory on an ongoing basis via our Skills for Life Network e-news update and our Training and Development e-news update. We also promote the Directory via Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, so you can be sure your listing will maintain a high profile. Your listing will also enhance your search engine visibility and support your online marketing.
- A free advertisement for your courses, services or events. Your advertisement will feature on our website and will be mailed out in an individual email alert to our full Training and Events subscriber database (10,500+).
You also have the option to take out additional email advertisements during your subscription year at a rate of £150 per advertisement.To find out about our full range of course advertising opportunities and rates, click here
- Referrals. We use the Directory as our key point of reference for the many enquiries we receive from individuals and employers looking for courses - if we know about you, we will tell people about you!
- Use of the Skills for Life Network logo on your promotional literature and website.
- Online support for your provision from the Skills for Life Network team. We can help with a whole range of issues and queries around areas such as: programme delivery, including Apprenticeships and functional skills; inspection; assessment and accreditation; staff qualifications and continuing professional development (CPD); funding your provision; recruitment of staff and of learners; resources to support teaching, learning and IAG; online marketing for your courses.
How much does it cost?
Membership: £195 per annum
cost exc VAT from 1st April 2012
How do we join?
- Join now using our secure PayPal payment page (see the panel at the top right of this page). You don't need a PayPal account and can pay by Credit or Debit card, or
- if you prefer to pay on invoice, download the application form and email this to us. We'll send you a Welcome email and invoice within 24 hours and you can then pay by cheque or BACS, or
- if you have a Google account, you can pay by using our Google Checkout page.
If you'd like to talk to us about Membership, you can ring us on 01609 748900 or use our Enquiry Form.
About Skills for Life Network
Skills for Life Network is widely acknowledged and highly regarded as a key news, information and signposting resource for everyone with an interest in learning and skills.
- Developed in 2003, and supported by the Learning and Skills Council to 2007, Skills for Life Network is growing rapidly, with 12,000+ subscribers to our e-news updates and an average of 25,000+ visits per month to our website (statistics from Google Analytics).
- www.skillsforlifenetwork.com consistently achieves a 5 or 6 importance rating from Google, which puts us on a par with the TES website (to put this into perspective, the BBC website typically achieves an importance ranking of 8 or 9).
- Our Members' areas of interest and specialisms include: Skills for Life, ESOL, Functional Skills, Key Skills, Foundation Learning, Employability Skills, NVQ's, Apprenticeships, Advice and Guidance, teacher training and professional development.
To find out about our full range of course advertising opportunities, click here