Accreditation: Functional skills qualifications
Functional skills qualifications in English, mathematics and ICT are available at Entry 1, Entry 2 and Entry 3, level 1 and level 2. This section of the Excellence Gateway website gives an overview of the qualifications.
The skills criteria for functional skills qualifications specify assessment outcomes for qualifications at each level in terms of skill standards, coverage and range.
Each of the three skills has a set of performance standards based on three key areas:
- Speaking and listening
- Representing – selecting the mathematics and information required to model a situation
- Analysing – processing and using mathematics
- Interpreting and communicating the results of the analysis
- Use of ICT systems
- Finding and selecting information
- Developing, presenting and communicating information