9 Nov 2020
English, Maths and ESOL Conference
Adult basic skills: building back better
The Ministerial address, break-out session recordings and rersources from this event held online on the 4th of November 2020 are now available on the Learning and Work Institute website.
The aims of this event were to provide participants with opportunities to:
- Learn about the latest developments in policy
- Vote on their top of the policies
- Consider what investment in adult basic skills and ESOL provision should look like and which initiatives will support more adults to take up basic skills learning?
- Find out about new resources to support delivery
- Explore how are providers and practitioners are adapting to learning in the ‘new normal’ and ensure that adult basic skills provision remain accessible and inclusive
- Hear about effective practice from the sector.
- Gain valuable insights into recent research and evaluation within the sector and identify the kinds of research they would like to see happening to support the sector.