16 Feb 2021
North East Practice Development Groups
The Education and Training Foundation has established Practice Development Groups to enable practitioners to share ideas, skills and innovation. PDGs have a maths and English focus and are free to join. Newcastle College is excited to be hosting the next round of the North East PDGs and you are invited to apply.
PDGs consist of action learning sets of practitioners who meet and work together on a short-term, small-scale project to improve an aspect of their teaching, learning and assessment.
The projects can cover any programme of study in the FE sector but need to develop an aspect of teaching, learning and assessment which enhances the teaching of English or the embedding of maths or English into that area. There are 8 PDG themes in the North East:
- Approaches to remote delivery of English – Audience: Curriculum Managers / Teachers
- Approaches to the delivery of contextualised English across an organisation – Audience: Curriculum Managers
- Approaches to the delivery of contextualised maths across an organisation – Audience: Curriculum Managers
- Developing effective online assessment strategies in English - Audience: Teachers
- Embedding of and development of maths skills within Sport and Uniformed Public Services – Audience: Teachers
- Improving engagement in English and maths within Creative Arts – Audience: Teachers
- Developing the embedding of numeracy skills to support home-schooling and remote learning – Audience: Teachers
- Developing the embedding of literacy skills to support home-schooling and remote learning – Audience: Teachers
Applications are now open for Round 2. You can find full details and an application form here
If you have any queries please contact Jonathan Kay, Head of TLA on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the range of professional development opportunities available at Newcastle College, click here