World Class Maths: Asian Teaching Practice
This free course, from FutureLearn, aims to introduce you to Asian maths teaching methods, and to help you integrate Asian maths teaching methods into your own teaching practice. Although aimed mainly at Primary School teachers, the course will be of interest to teachers working in the post 16 sector who would like to know more about Asian maths teaching methods.
- An overview of the key features of Asian classrooms and maths pedagogies.
- Understanding established principles with a range of examples and practices from Singapore teaching methods, including the Concrete-Pictorial-Abstract approach and the Bar Model method.
- Understanding another Asian principle, Shanghai’s Teaching with Variation, with a range of examples and practices.
- Put these principles into practice with a range of exercises and tasks, and reflect on how you can use them in your classroom.
- How to design mathematical tasks to develop your maths teaching professionally.
By the end of the course, you’ll understand how to integrate Asian maths teaching methods into your own teaching practice.