Step up to Level 3 Personal Numeracy Skills
Information on new North East courses to help you access numeracy teacher training in the region
- Do you teach or want to teach numeracy but are not qualified?
- Thinking about applying for the Additional Diploma in Teaching Mathematics (Numeracy) in the Lifelong Learning Sector?
- Do you know your numeracy skills are a bit rusty?
- Interested in a new course to help you brush up your numeracy?
- Want to find out what numeracy skills you need to apply for a Level 5 subject specialist qualification to teach numeracy?
- Need to know how your personal numeracy skills will be assessed before starting the subject specialist qualification to teach numeracy?
- Concerned about the level of numeracy needed during the subject specialist qualification?
Come to one of the free regional North East Numeracy Events.
Find out about the new Step Up to Level 3 Personal Numeracy Skills courses planned around the region to help you move from Level 2 to Level 3 in your own numeracy skills and prepare you to apply for a place at any of the North East's providers of the Additional Diploma in teaching Mathematics (Numeracy) in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
The free 'Step Up to Level 3 Personal Numeracy Skills' courses will be run around the region between April and July at different times and using different approaches, so there should be one that meets your needs. It is planned that the course will lead to a 3 credit (30 hour) unit accredited through the Open College Network.
But come along to one of the North East Numeracy Events to find out more. Meet a course tutor, have your questions answered, join in some numeracy activities and receive course details from each of the 4 providers.
Each Numeracy Event will be run by one of the providers of the level 5 Additional Diploma in teaching Mathematics (Numeracy) in the Lifelong Learning Sector, supported by Viv Brown, Regional Co-ordinator for the National Centre for Excellence in the Teaching of Mathematics.
|Tuesday||3rd March||County Hall||Durham||4-6 pm|
|Wednesday||4th March||Newcastle College||Newcastle||5-7 pm|
|Friday||6th March||Stockton Riverside College||Stockton||1 - 3 pm|
|Monday||9th March||Northumberland College||Ashington||4.30-6.30 pm|
To book a place at one of the information events please return the downloadable form to:
Viv Brown Tel.: 07787 568327 by 20th Feb 2009.
If you are not able to attend one of the events but would like further information, please contact Caryn Loftus Tel.: 01642 723137
Mon, 09 Mar 2009 -> Mon, 09 Mar 2009
Northumberland College, Ashington
Fri, 06 Mar 2009 -> Fri, 06 Mar 2009
Stockton Riverside College, Stockton
Wed, 04 Mar 2009 -> Wed, 04 Mar 2009
Newcastle College, Newcastle
Tue, 03 Mar 2009 -> Tue, 03 Mar 2009
County Hall, Durham