J and K Training are looking to recruit Functional Skills Tutors able to deliver functional skills maths and English programmes to adults, ranging from Entry Level 1 to Level 2.
Our Functional Skills Tutors work from our learning centres in Tees Valley and County Durham, delivering classroom-based maths and English programmes to unemployed adult learners. Learner goals are wide ranging: from Entry Level learners looking to gain their first qualifications in maths and English, to learners needing to evidence Level 2 in maths and English to enable them to progress to vocational training and employment.
Work with us
To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- Level 2 maths and English, and Level 3 maths and/or English according to the specialisms(s) you wish to teach.
- A teaching qualification, such as a CertEd or PGCE. Ideally you’ll also have a maths and/or English subject specialist teaching qualification, or be willing to work towards one.
- A good knowledge and understanding of functional skills and strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- To be approachable, adaptable and able to maintain high achievement rates.
- Ideally, your own transport. We have learning centres in: Bishop Auckland, Crook, Consett, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton and Darlington, and you may be required to work at more than one centre.
What we can offer you
- Working as a Functional Skills Tutor with J and K Training is rewarding; you’ll see your learners grow in confidence and will play a key role in guiding and supporting their progression to employment or further learning.
- You’ll be joining an established, well qualified and supportive team.
- We’re committed to supporting the continuing professional development of all our staff and you’ll be encouraged and supported to undertake further training to support you in your role.
- We offer a a salary competitive salary, and 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays. You’ll also have access to our Company Pension Scheme.
How to apply
Please email your CV to Ann Johnson at email@example.com and let us know your specialisms and availability.
If you’d like an informal chat about working with us, you can call Ann on 01388 604004.