We are J and K Training Ltd and we specialise in the delivery of English and maths programmes to adults.
Our Functional Skills Tutors work from our learning centres in Tees Valley and County Durham, delivering classroom-based maths and English programmes to unemployed adult learners. Learner goals are wide ranging: from Entry Level learners looking to gain their first qualifications in maths and English, to learners needing to evidence Level 2 in maths and English to enable them to progress to vocational training and employment.
Work with us
We’re always happy to hear from English and maths teaching professionals who would like to join us. To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- A good knowledge and understanding of functional skills and strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Maths and English skills at Level 3 or above.
- A teaching qualification, such as a CertEd or PGCE. Ideally you’ll also have a maths and/or English subject specialist teaching qualification, or be willing to work towards one.
- Ideally, your own transport. We have learning centres in: Bishop Auckland, Crook, Consett, Durham, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough, Stockton and Darlington. You may be required to work at more than one centre, so it would be useful for you to have your own transport.
What we can offer you
- Working as a Functional Skills Tutor with J and K Training is rewarding; you’ll see your learners grow in confidence and will play a key role in guiding and supporting their progression to employment or further learning.
- You’ll be joining an established, well qualified and supportive team.
- We’re committed to supporting the continuing professional development of all our staff and you will be supported and encouraged to undertake further training to support you in your role.
- We offer a a salary competitive salary, and 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays. You’ll also have access to our Company Pension Scheme.
How to apply
Please email your CV to Ann Johnson at email@example.com and and let us know your specialisms and availability.
If you’d like an informal chat about working with us, you can call Ann on 01388 604004.