We are delighted to see that our AP Toolkit is proving to be a great hit, with our most recent guide for leaders and managers, ‘How managers can support and develop Advanced Practitioners – an organisational approach’, forming a strong basis for constructive dialogue between APs and senior managers.
Remember that the guide is aimed at:
- senior managers
- quality managers
- staff development and learning managers
- teaching and learning improvement managers.
It is the latest addition to the toolkit which includes our set of Development Cards and original 4 AP Practical Guides:
- Facilitating Professional Development and High-Performance Teams Through Situated Learning by Ian Grayling
- Using Coaching and Mentoring to Support Colleagues: Core Principles and Techniques by Jon Thedham
- Creating Spaces to Think in Further Education and Training by Lou Mycroft and Kay Sidebottom
- Coaching and Mentoring in Action: Additional Approaches, Tools and Techniques by Jon Thedham
Do remember that the toolkit can be used in many ways both for confirmation of your own principles and practice and also as training and dissemination resources. A quick look through them can stimulate ideas and revive energy!
Jon Thedham, author of the two coaching and mentoring guides and the manager’s guide will be running a workshop at the AP national conference on the 27th of March exploring the manager’s guide in more detail. Do read about how the 4 collaborative projects used the self-assessment using tool from the manager’s guide to kickstart their day together on the 13 December.