We are so delighted with the reception for our AP toolkit and urge you all to refer to this often in your capacity as leaders and managers, teachers and planners, thinkers and researchers. Remember to use the five guides for constructive dialogue between APs, your teams and senior managers and to keep the brilliant set of Development Cards close to hand as you continue to carve out and amplify your AP role.
How managers can support and develop Advanced Practitioners – an organisational approach’ is the latest addition to the toolkit, which includes the set of Development Cards and the original four AP Practical Guides. The manager’s guide is complemented by three bespoke assessment and audit tools:
- AP Manager’s Self-Assessment Tool
- Colleagues’ Assessment of the AP Manager Tool
- AP Organisational Audit Tool
We recommend a read (and use) especially if you are committed to developing a whole organisation approach with APs at the heart of quality improvements.
- Facilitating Professional Development and High-Performance Teams Through Situated Learning by Ian Grayling
- Using Coaching and Mentoring to Support Colleagues: Core Principles and Techniques by Jon Thedham
- Creating Spaces to Think in Further Education and Training by Lou Mycroft and Kay Sidebottom
- Coaching and Mentoring in Action: Additional Approaches, Tools and Techniques by Jon Thedham
Do remember that the toolkit can be used in many ways both for confirmation of your own principles and practice and also as training and dissemination resources. A quick look through them can stimulate ideas and revive energy! Keep them close!