Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is a professional status gained after achievement of an initial teacher education qualification (Level 5 or above). It is a six-month professional development opportunity underpinned by The Professional Standards.
It enables practitioners to:
- critically reflect on their practice and make improvements;
- gather and showcase the impact of changes they have made;
- apply education research and theory to inform development in their practice;
- demonstrate their application of research and theory.
Check your eligibility here . You may also like to express an interest. Registration is in September with a further opportunity to start in early January 2020. The fee is £485 and includes free SET membership.
You can find more details about QTLS here.
Advanced Teacher Status (ATS) is for experienced teachers with advanced practitioner skills. It is a 12-month opportunity, offered to those who already have QTLS and who have been teaching for 4+ years since obtaining their Level 5 or above initial teacher education professional qualification.
ATS status demonstrates:
- development of others
- improvements in organisational quality
There is also an opportunity to gain Chartered Teacher Status conferred by the Chartered College of Teaching.
Applications for this year closed on 13 September for cohort 5 so watch out for further opportunities. The fee is £750 + SET membership.