We are delighted to announce the team are working hard developing a new practical guide to complement the suite of four guides that were launched last year. The working title for the new guide is: ‘Supporting and developing your APs – an Organisational Approach.’
Last year’s guides were developed specifically for those operating in Advanced Practitioner-type roles. This new guide is designed for management teams to help them grow, stretch and support their AP teams so they sit within a developmental model as per Tyler et al’s research, Understanding the Role of Advanced Practitioners in English Further Education.
Do take our quick quiz in the slideshow below to remind yourself of the three models of AP deployment identified in the research.
A reminder you can access the current practical guides here
- Creating Spaces to Think in Further Education and Training, Lou Mycroft & Kay Sidebottom
- Using Coaching and Mentoring to Support Colleagues: Core Principles and Techniques, Jon Thedham
- Facilitating Professional Development and High-Performance through Situated Learning, Ian Grayling
- Coaching and Mentoring in Action: Additional Approaches, Tools and Techniques, Jon Thedham
And don’t forget the other items in your AP toolkit that many of you are already putting to good use:
- Your very own glossy, colourful hard pack of 23 AP Professional Development Cards (you can also download and get these reproduced via your reprographics departments as needed)
- Slides, handouts, resources and readers we used on day 1 & day 2 accessible from this Padlet.