The Adult Literacy Trust has opportunities for volunteer tutors, initially in the London area, to work with individuals who wish to improve their literacy skills.
The Adult Literacy Trust provides adults with one-to-one support to build skills and confidence in reading, as a complement to teaching in formal settings, to help break the cycle of exclusion and poor literacy.
Volunteers need to satisfy a number of eligibility criteria, including but not limited to:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Speak, write, and understand English well enough to communicate clearly, and have a minimum education of a secondary school level or equivalent.
- Agree to tutor a learner for at least 6 months.
- Be able to meet with a learner at an approved site and provide his/her own transportation to the site.
- Successfully complete a tutor training workshop.
For more information, visit the Adult Literacy Trust website
Note: Currently the Trust is deploying volunteer tutors only in the London area, where their partner organisations in the formal teaching sector are located.
You can view more recruiters and career opportunities here