The new Essential Digital Skills entitlement will enable adults aged 19+ with no or low digital skills to undertake ‘essential digital skills’ qualifications free of charge from 2020. The Education and Training Foundation has been commissioned by the Department for Education to develop a significant CPD programme to support teachers and trainers in delivering the new entitlement, recognising that elements of the new provision will be very different to the current basic ICT skills curriculum.
About the CPD programme
The programme, which will be free to the sector, will consist of:
- An introductory toolkit to explain the CPD programme
- An interactive self-assessment tool
- A series of bite-sized, online training modules
- Face-to-face training and online webinars
- Development of communities of practice to offer peer-to-peer support.