Explore online teaching with this practical course for educators designed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This free online course, from FutureLearn, aims to give you practical steps towards online teaching and student support. You can reflect on your own work, adapt your approaches, and share your stories with a global community of educators who’ll help you to get started and keep going in uncertain times.
The course lasts for 3 weeks, with 2 hours per week of study time.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for educators, teachers, lecturers, and trainers who have to rapidly move from face-to-face to online teaching in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Getting started with online teaching
- Preparing your students for successful online learning
- Using tools designed for creating, sharing and re-mixing plans for learning
- Building and sharing a library of learning designs as a community of teachers
- Bringing lessons learned from teaching online into your everyday practice
- Collecting and responding to student feedback
- Reflecting on how we teach online and making iterative improvements
- Navigating the personal impact of teaching and learning online
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to…
- Develop plans to set your students up for success
- Create and share approaches and techniques for maintaining continuity while moving teaching and learning online
- Discuss the benefits and challenges of moving classes from face-to-face to online
- Identify techniques and approaches for engaging your students online
- Adapt your practice to the online context
- Collect, review and evaluate student feedback on your new approaches
- Discuss how to manage the personal impact of teaching online
Find out more and sign up here