Essential guides for everyone involved in the delivery of adult literacy, numeracy and ESOL
Interactive Raising Standards Guides: Success in Adult Literacy, Numeracy and ESOL
‘The guides are now available in an electronic interactive format: on CD-ROM and on the internet, providing greater accessibility and flexibility of use.
Each of the 13 Guides in the series deals with a different context of learning and is intended to help practitioners and managers improve the quality of teaching and managing Skills for Life provision by using the five Common Inspection Framework questions for their particular context.
10 sector specific guides:
- Adult and Community Learning
- Family Learning
- Further Education Colleges
- The Juvenile Secure Estate for Young People Aged 15-17
- Jobcentre Plus
- Offenders Supervised in the Community by the National Probation Service
- The Voluntary and Community sector
- Work-based Learning
- Young Offender Institutions for Young People Aged 18-21
3 cross sector guides:
- Embedded Learning
- Learners with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities
- a strong focus on self-assessment
- checkpoints for each of the 5 Common Inspection Framework questions to help guide self-assessment processes
- quotations from recent inspection reports illustrating good practice, with links to the full report
- downloadable examples of individual learning plans, schemes of work, mission statements, etc.
- revised and updated case studies, many with links to web resources
- revised information on the policy background for each context of learning
- a focus on how the Skills and Skills for Life strategies relate to a specific context and how to interpret this in practice
- a comprehensive, interactive glossary of over 500 entries linked to further information
- lateral links between all the guides, so that an aspect of inspection can be examined across all contexts
- a wide-ranging resource bank
- the option of saving pages or sections in an e-notebook
- search facilities.’
To access the guides online, go to the DfES website.
To order a CD-ROM containing all 13 Guides from DfES Publications on 0845 60 222 60, or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please quote the reference: SfL/RSG/CD-ROM)
Information on events to introduce the guides can be found in the linked article: New Interactive Raising Standards Guides.