Information on the ESF Co-financing Prospectus for the Yorkshire and the Humber region, which includes Skills for Life related projects
‘As a Co-financing Organisation, the LSC in Yorkshire and The Humber Region has been successful in securing £3.5 million European Social Fund (ESF) Objective 3 money to support offender learning and skills in the community.
In line with strategic objectives and through consultation with partners, the LSC Yorkshire and the Humber Region has identified a number of key projects to be funded.
The ESF funding will support four projects, enabling offenders in the community to access a wider range of provision, better suited to their specific needs, than is currently available. All projects will deliver activity across the Yorkshire and Humber region (excluding South Yorkshire) as follows:
Project 1 (3 strands)
– Learner support in Skills for Life activities
– Employability/employer engagement support;
– Extended learning provision and support for high risk,vulnerable and special educational needs offenders
Project 2 (2 strands)
– Training and employment in building craft occupations for young offenders aged 18-25, subject to a current court order and under supervision by the Probation Service;
– Short vocational training provision/NOCN Awards
– Training and employment in building craft occupations for young offenders aged 16-18, subject to a current court order and under supervision by the Youth Offending Team
– Embedding the Move On Skills for Life approach in support organisations
The LSC is keen to work with a diverse range of organisations to provide opportunities to meet regional needs and priorities. It is envisaged that there will be a lead organisation working in partnership with other organisations on a given regional project.
There will be no Expression of Interest stage in this tendering round.
The ESF Co-financing Prospectus, including the project specifications and tender documentation, will be available on the LSC website from midday on Tuesday 1 August 2006.
The deadline for receipt of completed tenders is 3pm on Friday 8 September 2006. Tenders received after this time will not be considered.
If you do not have access to the internet, you can obtain copies of the above documents (on disk or hard copy) from Vanessa Wood, LSC in South Yorkshire on 0114 267 5056, e-mail email@example.com.
Any updates relating to tender documentation or the tender exercise in general will be posted onto the LSC in West Yorkshire website as necessary during the timescales of this tender exercise.’