QCA report published following the consultation on the draft Functional Skills standards
Between January to May 2006 QCA consulted on the draft standards for Functional Skills.
The consultation provided a consistent message about the need for:
- a clearer explanation of levels,
- clarity and specificity of language throughout the standards
- a clearer definition of the progression between levels
- clarity about who the standards were aimed at
- more examples of ‘application’ of the skills – ‘real skills’ for ‘real world’ situations.
Revised standards will be published soon on the QCA website.
For the full report visit the Functional Skills section of the QCA website.