Multiply is a new government-funded programme to help adults improve their numeracy skills.
If you’re aged 19 and over and don’t have maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent), you can access free maths resources and courses through Multiply to build your confidence with numbers and gain a qualification. Good numeracy skills may unlock job opportunities and lead to higher wages or prepare you for further study. They also help in everyday life, such as helping children with homework and budgeting money.
There are courses for beginners to more advanced courses such as GCSE Maths, Functional Skills Qualifications, or equivalent, so you will be able to learn at a pace that suits you.
You can find more information on numeracy courses by visiting the National Careers Service website or by calling 0800 100 900.
Making a start
The Multiply website has a quick numeracy quiz to help you understand areas of numeracy you might want to improve.
North Yorkshire Adult Learning & Skills Service and York Learning are offering free, bitesize online maths resources and courses to help you make a start on improving your maths skills. Click on the course title and enter the course code to sign up:-
- Developing Confidence with Numeracy Skills: class code 8HP36Q
- Developing Numeracy Skills: class code ST9BFL
There are also maths resources and courses to help you with the maths skills you need for different careers. Here are the career sectors and course codes:
- Business Administration class code 34S958
- Construction class code LDAC8W
- Hair and Beauty class code T9JN97
- Health and Social Care class code 4WHB3K
- Hospitality and Catering class code WJC27T
- Sports Industry class code 5D337U
If you would like to be able to help your children or grandchildren with maths, you can use the following course codes:
- Supporting children with maths – Year 3 class code J268AY
- Supporting children with maths – Year 4 class code 3RTBC9
- Supporting children with maths – Year 5 class code 3UHF8A
- Supporting children with maths – Year 6 class code P5Y5PM
- Supporting children with maths – Year 7 class code 42NLFA
Read more about Multiply online maths resources on the Skills for Life Network website.