Sound Reads is a series of graded reading books for older beginner readers, with accompanying Workout activities.
Sound Reads provides reading material which is fully accessible to struggling and reluctant readers. The books enable young people and adults to gain confidence and enthusiasm for reading, thus providing an opportunity to improve their skills for work and life. Activity materials are available to support each set and provide comprehension and phonic practice to help readers consolidate their learning.
- Short, engaging stories with adult appeal
- An incremental approach to building reading skills
- A synthetic phonic structure
- Carefully controlled phonic content
- Introduces a limited number of out of level words necessary to reflect the adult context
- Activities that check comprehension, phonic knowledge and sight words
The Sound Reads series consists of 3 sets of 10 books at different reading levels with Workout activities at each level. Books can be purchased individually, in Sets or as a Complete Pack. Volume discounts apply.
Sound Reads are also available in digital format via Browns BFS and major digital library suppliers and retailers.