This free course aims to help you learn about the power of algebra, get a sense of scientific notation, the beauty of basic trigonometry and why 70 db (decibels) is 10 times louder than 60 db. As well as this you will delve into scientific measurement, including the importance of units and the flexibility and practically of the SI – the internationally recognised system of units based on multiples of ten.
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- understand the SI system of measurements, scientific notation and significant figures
- understand basic algebra and solve maths equations
- apply the basic functions in trigonometry
- calculate probability of an outcome, the mean, mode, median and standard deviation for set data
- gain an understanding of logarithms.