1 Dec 2020
Essential Digital Skills CPD
This blended CPD programme has been developed by the Education and Training Foundation to support teachers and trainers who will be delivering the new Essential Digital Skills qualifications.
Adults aged 19+ with no or low digital skills will be entitled to take these qualifications free of charge under the Adult Education Budget from September 2020, in line with existing entitlements for English and maths.
The new Essential Digital Skills Qualifications are offered at Entry 3 and Level 1, and cover five areas:
- Using devices and handling information – using devices, finding and evaluating information, managing and storing information, identifying and solving technical problems
- Creating and editing – creating and editing documents and digital media, processing numerical data
- Communicating – communicating, sharing and managing traceable online activities
- Transacting – using online services, buying securely online
- Being safe and responsible online – protecting privacy and data, being responsible online, digital wellbeing.
The CPD programme includes:
- An interactive self-assessment tool and a teacher CPD toolkit
- A series of bite-sized, online training modules
- Face-to-face training and online webinars
- Development of a community of practice to offer peer-to-peer support.
The programme is free of charge to providers and staff.