2 Dec 2020
National Development Day: Engaging and Motivating Online
This National Development Day, delivered by ccConsultancy and commissioned by The Education and Training Foundation, draws on evidence-informed practice, and has been designed in direct reponse to pressing needs and issues arising within FE and post 16 learning just now. Designed by the sector, for the sector, this collaborative day will enable you to address the current challenges of engaging and motivating learners online.
You will explore approaches for engaging and motivating maths, English and ESOL learners online. By the end of the day, you will have a range of new ideas and practical strategies for supporting learners to feel more confident about their abilities in English and maths and to take an active role in their learning.
Who is the course for?
Maths, English and ESOL Teachers (all levels); Classroom assistants; Practitioner researchers; Vocational/technical teachers embedding maths, English and digital literacies; Managers; Trainers/Assessors.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of the day, you will have developed your skills and knowledge in how to:
- give learners the confidence to actively engage with online learning
- understand how learners feel about English and maths and how this should impact on lesson planning
- plan learner-centred approaches that grow and develop online learning communities
- plan authentic activities that engage and motivate learners and develop their resilience
- use coaching and resilience strategies that encourage learners to engage
… with special consideration to keeping learners safe online.
What will I do on the course?
During the day, in order to develop your practice in engaging and motivating online, you will:
- learn from research and intelligence from the sector
- draw on expertise from practitioners in different settings
- take part in a range of activities designed to provide you with practical strategies and resources
- reflect on how you will implement your learning
How much does it cost?
£100 (or £85 for SET members)
How do I book?
For more information and to book, click here