Would you like to take part in a competition to design a poster for adult numeracy?
LLU+ has been commissioned to produce a series of 4 posters
whose purpose is to:
- energise teaching and learning in Numeracy contexts
- motivate young adults in workplace settings to deal with their Numeracy development needs
They are working on some ideas including:
- images of young people using maths at work + motivational captions
- some short but thought-provoking activities to use in Numeracy contexts
- connections map of maths concepts, topics and skills
- and would welcome your contribution to this project (using these ideas or others).
If you would like to design a poster which meets either (or both) of the purposes above here’s what you need to do:
1. Design a poster (which will be produced in A2 size) and produce a rough mock up in A3.
2. State the key purpose and target audience of your poster.
3. Send the mock up to Rachel Brabazon Numeracy Team Administrator, LLU+, London South Bank University, 103 Borough Road, London SE1 0AA.
4. All entries to be received by Monday 5th June 2006.
5. Entries will be judged (on content not artistic skill) by delegates at the LLU+ 6th National Adult Numeracy Conference on 6th June.
6. Winning entries will receive book tokens.