Information on the launch events and on the final six files of materials
The final set of six embedded learning materials are available free from the DfES.
New materials now available to order:
|Get on in the community||Embedded/GO|
|Family life: the growing child||Embedded/GC|
|Family life: focus on parenting||Embedded/FP|
|ESOL support pack for catering||Embedded/CA/ESOL|
ESOL support pack for catering
This pack focuses on the general issues faced by ESOL learners and the strategies that can be used to address them. Although this material refers to pages in the Catering file (Embedded/CA) the strategies can be used for all settings.
List of existing embedded learning materials:
- Trowel occupations (embedded/TR)
- Social care (embedded/SC)
- Horticulture (embedded/HO)
- Family health (embedded/FH)
- Effective communication for international nurses Modules 1-2 (embedded/NU)
- Effective communication for international nurses Modules 3-6 (embedded/NU/3-6)
- Catering (embedded/CA)
- Hospitality (embedded/HOS)
- Retail (embedded/RE)
- Warehousing (embedded/WA)
- Entry to Employment (E2E) (embedded/EE)
- Sports leadership (embedded/SL)
- Painting operations (embedded/PA)
- Production line manufacturing (embedded/PL)
- Cleaning (embedded/CL).
- Skills for construction (embedded/CO).
- Food hygiene (embedded/FO).
- Health and safety (with manual handling) (embedded/HS).
- ICT (embedded/ICT).
- First aid (embedded/FA)
Packs can be ordered from DfES Publications tel. 0845 222 60, email email@example.com.
More information can be found by visiting the Embedded Learning portal. The Embedded Learning portal now allows searching of the full range of materials by Adult Core Curricula, Key Skills Standards and National Occupational Standards references. PDF and Word versions of the materials are also available from the portal.
Launch events will be held on:
21 June York
22 June Manchester
28 June London
29 June Birmingham
To book a place phone 0118 902 1229, Monday – Friday 10am -4pm.
It may be advantageous if Skills for Life and vocational/community-based teachers attend together.