Thinking about a career in teaching? Come along to the Open Event on Wednesday 6 April 5pm-7pm, at the Newcastle School of Education campus.
At the Newcastle School of Education Open Event staff will be on hand to talk to you about teaching qualifications on offer for teaching learners aged 14 and above, and you will also have the opportunity to find out about financial and learning support on offer at the College.
Training routes on offer
Student teacher route
Support for you to train to teach and achieve your ambitions include:
- Expert teams to help you achieve a PGCE, and industry specialists to mentor you in teaching placements
- Flexible routes for full time and part-time study built around other commitments
- Bursaries (For eligible applicants):
Bursaries are as follows:
- £26,000 for student teachers of engineering, science, computing and maths
- £15,000 for student teachers who want to train to work with leaners with learning difficulties and disabilities
- £12,000 for student teachers of who have skills to teaching English
Would you like to earn while you learn to teach? Your skills are valuable – could you pass them on?
We need people who:
- are keen to pass on their skills, knowledge and experience from their industry
- want to build on the talent of our students and make a difference to their lives
- willing to learn and develop teaching skills and achieve a teaching qualification
- ready for a new challenge in a rewarding career in an ambitious college
How will we help you?
Newcastle College offers new recruits:
- funded teaching qualifications at the right level for you which you can complete alongside your teaching role
- professional development, coaching and qualifications to enhance your knowledge and skills
- a mentor to support you while you develop your new skills as a teacher
- reduced teaching hours in your first and second years as a teacher with us
Talk to us
- Visit our website to learn more about Newcastle College www.ncl-coll.ac.uk
- View our profile
- Contact email@example.com to arrange a visit to the College or to attend the Newcastle School of Education Open Event.
- Keep an eye on our current vacancies to see what we have on offer – all new job roles will be posted on our website