- Equip yourself to teach Maths, English or LDD/SEN learners
- Get recognition for your learning support role
- Become an assessor or verifier
- Develop your understanding of the new Maths GCSE specification
- Choose a professional development programme
- Develop and inspire your team with our CPD sessions – we can come to you!
- The Employer Network (TEN) Event – get a head start on recruiting the best new graduate teachers for your organisation.
Support your teaching career with a specialism!
Additional route programmes for those already holding a teaching qualification.
- Maths/Numeracy, including Subject Knowledge Enhancement
- Learning Difficulties and Disabilities/SEN
We have programmes starting in January and September 2016 in both Newcastle College and Kidderminster College.
Email Specialism to NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk for more information
Level 3 Qualifications for Learning Support Assistants
The demand for good SEND support staff is huge and growing fast. With our employer partners, Newcastle School of Education have developed a level 3 programme to equip Learning Support staff to confidently support learners with different needs in a range of contexts. The Level 3 Award and Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Learning equip candidates with the knowledge, understanding and skills in order to effectively fulfil the learning support role.
Email Support to NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk for more information
TAQA (Training, Assessment, Quality Assurance)
TAQA is the essential qualification for people working in vocational training and assessment. TAQA demonstrates an organisation’s commitment to quality assessment and internal quality assurance.
Intensive programmes now available at Newcastle College and at Kidderminster College. Speak to us about an in-house cohort for your organisation.
Email TAQA to NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk for more information
Teaching new GCSE Maths Specifications
One day courses focusing on the new GCSE specification – designed to be standalone or can be built into a whole programme.
GCSE Maths Workshop Number, Probability and Statistics – 2nd December 2015
GCSE Maths Workshop Ratio, Proportion and Algebra – 9th December 2015
GCSE Maths Workshop: Geometry and Measure – 11th December 2015
GCSE Maths Workshop Number, Probability and Statistics – 20th January 2016
GCSE Maths Workshop Ratio, Proportion and Algebra – 5th February 2016
GCSE Maths Workshop: Geometry and Measure – 26th February 2016
Just £100 per workshop
Email Maths to NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk for more information.
Following employer consultation, the School of Education have developed a wide range of professional development programmes. Choose from:
Technology for learning – Thursday 17th December 2015, 9:30am – 12:30pm
Develop your use of technology to enhance your practice. Activities will include: analysis of current technology use and any ‘missed opportunities’, an evaluation of ILT resources and their potential for use in different subject areas, exploration of CPD needs and evaluation of ILT use from learners’ perspective.
Preparing for an observation of teaching & learning – Monday 11th January 2016, 9:30am – 12:30pm
This session will focus on how teachers can demonstrate their good practice during a lesson observation, using the new Ofsted Common Inspection Framework.
Introduction to working with learning support staff – Tuesday 16th February 2016, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
The purpose of this session is to explore how teaching and support staff can work together effectively, and how to plan and deliver sessions in a collaborative way for the benefit of the learners and staff involved.
Coaching for Success – Wednesday 17th February 2016 and Tuesday 8th March 2016
The Coaching for Success programme consists of two face to face days and supported self-directed activity which allows you to develop and implement coaching interventions in your own organisation. The programme will allow you to:
- Contribute to, and have a positive impact on, your organisation’s implementation of curriculum development and innovation
- Coach colleagues to achieve individual and collaborative excellence in your organisation
- Evaluate current understanding, knowledge and expertise about teaching, and learning and assessment
- Demonstrate an enhanced motivation and enthusiasm for effective practice in teaching and learning
Embedding Equality & Diversity and making it meaningful – Wednesday 2nd March 2016, 3:00pm – 6:00pm
How can teachers effectively embed E&D into their subject area? What are the challenges? How can E&D be embedded and learners’ skills and knowledge be developed in an engaging way? This session aims to explore these questions and develop professional practice by evaluating the expectations of the sector, and how to utilise the available resources and knowledge to effectively embed elements of E&D in the most engaging way for all concerned.
Costs from £50 per workshop. These workshops can also be delivered for your in-house cohorts.
Email NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk for more information
Do you have a cohort?
We can deliver all of our training programmes and qualifications using a variety of approaches that meet an organisation’s specific requirements. We can provide sessions on site from one week intensive programmes, regular weekly sessions or individual learning plans over a longer period of time depending on employer needs.
We understand that you will often require unique training programmes in order to meet your personal training needs. Our bespoke training packages are flexible so that the learning programmes match your requirements.
Email cohort to NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk for more information
The Employment Network (TEN) – Talk to our teachers!
Friday 8th January 2016, 2pm-4pm
The School of Education, Newcastle College is hosting an Event to give local employers the opportunity to meet our teaching students (those currently on programme, those starting in Jan 2016, those who are finishing in Dec 2015 and our alumnae)
- Meet our qualified teachers looking for employment
- Meet our newly qualified English, Maths and Learning Difficulties and Disabilities Specialist teachers
- Meet our student teachers looking for placement hours
- Talk to the Newcastle School of Education teaching team
- Learn more about the programmes we offer and QTLS
- Learn more about how we support local employers
- Could a student teacher benefit your teaching team?
“It is an excellent means of recruiting future staff as it provides so many opportunities that an interview alone does not. How well new staff fit into a small team is paramount and this can be fully assessed through a trainee placement.” Judy Hunter, Community First North East
Get a head start on recruiting the best new graduates for your organisation! To book a place or for information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more!
Learn about the full range of our programmes and professional development offer.
- Call us on 0191 200 4565/4185
- Email us at NSE@ncl-coll.ac.uk
- Visit our website www.ncl-coll.ac.uk/nse