Information on courses being offered by The Network for Workplace Language, Literacy and Numeracy
The Network is running a number of Workplace SfL Courses in October:
ESOL in the Workplace
* 3rd October – London
* 18th October – Birmingham
* 26th October 2006 – Lancaster
This popular one-day course explores key aspects of setting up, implementing and evaluating workplace ESOL programmes. It also examines the wider context in which workplace ESOL is placed.
From attending the course you will gain an understanding of the key differences between workplace ESOL and ESOL in traditional settings. You will also learn how to set up ESOL programmes effectively and how to implement and evaluate your ESOL programmes.
Network Members £210
Non- members £240
Supporting Skills for Life (SfL) for Vocational Tutors
24th/25th October – Lancaster
This two-day course is for vocational tutors delivering vocational programmes in the workplace.
Course will include:
* Awareness of SfL issues – where we are now in the SfL agenda
* Identifying SfL needs – in the organisation, the individual and the job role
* Developing a workplace curriculum to meet the needs of the stakeholders
* Embedding SfL – developing materials and using existing materials
* Evaluating impact of SfL workplace programmes
Network Members £330
Non- members £360
Reaching Employers (1/2 day course)
31st October 2006 – York
This specialist workplace LLN course will explore strategies for promoting workplace LLN provision to employers, and support you in delivering ‘Skills for Life’, the national adult literacy and numeracy strategy.
Participants will gain:
* An understanding of how applying basic marketing principles can enhance uptake of workplace basic skills programmes by employers.
* Enhanced ability to create a marketing plan and materials that effectively target employers
Delegate Rate: £120
How to register :
If you would like to register or find out more about the content of these courses then please contact Jeannette Boggis on tel: 01524 592887 or e-mail: email@example.com. You can also register on-line at: http://www.thenetwork.co.uk/pd/forthcomingcourses.htm