Success North’s Winter Conference will take place on Friday 11th December 2009.
Following on from the success of previous conferences, Success North is putting together a day of presentations and workshops aimed at education practitioners, employers and other stakeholders involved in the lifelong learning sector.
This year’s conference will support you in ‘getting connected’ – delegates will have the opportunity to share good practice, learn from workshops, forums and from each other, whilst addressing key issues related to the development of excellence in teaching and teaching development.
This event is funded by Success North Centre for Excellence in Teacher Training.
Themes for this year’s conference:
- Technology for learning
- Innovation in teaching and learning
- Teacher/Trainer Education and Development
The conference also includes a research strand, a strand for teacher educators, as well as workshops to update teachers/trainers and managers on a range of current issues in the sector, including Functional Skills, Reflect and Professional Formation.
The conference programme includes:
- Keynote speaker Julie Hughes (University of Wolverhampton/ESCalate), whose recent research has explored the role of technology in supporting the development of new teachers for the post-compulsory sector. Julie is a passionate user of the University’s e-portfolio system, Pebblepad and chairs the University’s e-portfolio research group.
- Sessions to support technology-enhanced teaching, including ‘social networks in teacher education’ and ‘using e-portfolios in teacher education’
- Workshops for SfL practitioners, including sessions led by representatives from IfL, Bradford College, the eCPD programme, LLU+ (Southbank university) and Newcastle College
Full details of the workshops can be found in the programme. To book a place please complete the booking form and return to Lianne Abraham.