Free four-day residential course for literacy, numeracy and ESOL teacher-trainers: Training the Teacher Trainers
27th February to 2nd March in West Yorkshire
13th to 16th March in Oxford
The Skills for Life Improvement Programme provides access for practitioners to professional development opportunities at a regional, local level.
The Training the Teacher Trainers course is an intensive, four day course, covering both generic and subject specific theory and practice of teacher training. It is open to teacher trainers and experienced teachers from any region in the country. Following completion of the residential course, there is an opportunity to progress to a Certificate in Training the Teacher Trainers at Masters level (level 7) accredited by London South Bank University.
What will I gain from this course?
It will help you to:
- Identify your development needs as a teacher trainer
- Up-date yourself on developments in teacher education
- Develop skills in planning teacher training courses for LLN
- Consider trends and methodologies in teacher education
- Use peer training as a learning resource and assess your own learning outcomes from the experience
- Develop good practice in giving verbal and written feedback in assessment.
Is this course for me?
If you would like to build your confidence as a teacher trainer and would like an opportunity to reflect and up-date your practice, or if you are an experienced teacher of literacy, numeracy or ESOL who is thinking of becoming a teacher trainer, then this course is for you.
How do I apply for a place on this course?
Contact the Skills for Life Improvement Programme at CfBT Education Trust.
You will then be sent a full application form.
Fax: 0845 838 1207 Email: email@example.com