Would you like to gain more confidence in supporting ESOL learners on maths programmes? This webinar will boost your confidence and give you lots of strategies and ideas to help you support them.
Online, Thursday 7th December, 3-5pm £25
This practical and interactive online training, delivered by ESOL Specialist Rachel Öner, will enable you to:
- share experiences of supporting ESOL learners on maths courses.
- identify common language difficulties for ESOL learners.
- identify some of the barriers that learners may face with maths vocabulary and concepts.
- explore the use some practical tips for supporting learners with learning vocabulary.
- identify opportunities and strategies to support to ESOL learners with a tutor’s spoken & written instructions.
- analyse language of maths assessment.
- explore some strategies to assist with language comprehension.
- examine practical resources to practice language vocabulary & structure.
Course participants will receive an exclusive Padlet of collated resources which includes maths activities designed for ESOL learners, maths vocabulary handouts and worksheets, videos for ESOL learners, teachers section and maths vocabulary lists in over 40 languages.