Professor Sharma has written an article on his method ‘Vertical Acceleration’for helping numeracy students
Professor Sharma’s method helps students to quickly fill in gaps in their knowledge of maths.
‘It can be summarised as follows:
· Questions instigate language
· Language instigates models
· Models instigate thinking
· Thinking instigates understanding
· Understanding produces mastery
· Mastery results in competent performance
· Competent performance develops long-lasting self-esteem
· Self-esteem is the motivating factor for all learning.’
‘Vertical Acceleration’ by Mahesh C. Sharma, Professor of Education, Provost and Executive Vice president, Cambridge College, USA
The article can be read in full in the new summer edition of the Basic Skills Agency magazine ‘Basic Skills’ which is now out. It can be viewed online at www.basic-skills.co.uk or ordered by emailing email@example.com or faxing Fax: 020 7440 6626.