Newcastle College is excited to be hosting the next round of the North East Practice Development Groups and you are invited to apply.
About the Practice Development Groups
The Education and Training Foundation has established Practice Development Groups to enable practitioners to share ideas, skills and innovation. PDGs have a maths and English focus and are free to join. PDGs consist of action learning sets of practitioners who meet and work together on a short-term, small-scale project to improve an aspect of their teaching, learning and assessment.
The projects can cover any programme of study in the FE sector but need to develop an aspect of teaching, learning and assessment which enhances the teaching of English or the embedding of maths or English into that area. There are 8 PDG themes:
- Approaches to remote delivery of English – Audience: Curriculum Managers / Teachers
- Approach to the delivery of contextualised English across an organisation – Audience: Curriculum Managers
- Approach to the delivery of contextualised maths across an organisation – Audience: Curriculum Managers
- Developing effective online assessment strategies in English – Audience: Teachers
- Embedding of and development of maths skills within Sport and Uniformed Public Services – Audience: Teachers
- Improving engagement in English and maths within Creative Arts – Audience: Teachers
- Developing maths skills within the delivery of Health and Social care study programmes – Audience: Teachers
- Developing verbal communication skills within Digital Technology / IT – Audience: Teachers
How to find out more
You can find out lots more, including how to apply, from the Newcastle College website
If you have any queries please contact Jonathan Kay, Head of TLA on email@example.com.
To view the range of professional development opportunities available at Newcastle College, click here