The AP Toolkit aims to support those operating in Advanced Practitioner (AP)-types roles across the sector, and consists of a set of five guides and a set of development cards.
The AP toolkit has been very wrell received by leaders and managers, teachers and planners, thinkers and researchers. You can use the five guides for constructive dialogue between APs, your teams and senior managers, and keep the set of Development Cards close to hand as you continue to carve out and amplify your AP role.
About the AP Toolkit
How managers can support and develop Advanced Practitioners – an organisational approach is the most recent addition to the toolkit, which includes the set of Development Cards and the original four AP Practical Guides. The manager’s guide is complemented by three bespoke assessment and audit tools:
- AP Manager’s Self-Assessment Tool
- Colleagues’ Assessment of the AP Manager Tool
- AP Organisational Audit Tool
We recommend a read (and use) especially if you are committed to developing a whole organisation approach with APs at the heart of quality improvements.
- Facilitating Professional Development and High-Performance Teams Through Situated Learning by Ian Grayling
- Using Coaching and Mentoring to Support Colleagues: Core Principles and Techniques by Jon Thedham
- Creating Spaces to Think in Further Education and Training by Lou Mycroft and Kay Sidebottom
- Coaching and Mentoring in Action: Additional Approaches, Tools and Techniques by Jon Thedham
Using the AP Toolkit
Do remember that the toolkit can be used in many ways both for confirmation of your own principles and practice and also as training and dissemination resources. A quick look through them can stimulate ideas and revive energy! Keep them close!
Find out more about APConnect