Find out about the #APConnect continuing professional development programme for Advanced Practitioners.
What is #APConnect?
#APConnect is a continuing professional development and support programme for anyone working as an Advanced Practitioner, or in an Advanced Practitioner-type role, in the Further Education and Training sector. It’s managed by touchconsulting Ltd on behalf of the Education and Training Foundation, and is free of charge.
What is an Advanced Practitioner?
The term Advanced Practitioner (AP) embraces a very wide range of job titles! You can see some of the job titles that previous #APConnect participants hold here and you can read more about the AP role here. The main thing is that APs share some key characteristics. So, if you:
- are someone who leads and supports your colleagues
- have a level of experience and expertise that means your colleagues look to you for guidance
- are open to driving positive change within your team and across your organisation
…then #APConnect could be for you.
How can the programme help me develop my professional practice?
There are several pathways open to you, all of which are designed to help you develop your practice and thrive in your AP role. The #APConnect Constellations are Communities of Practice+ because you have the opportunity to mix in different ways with different people. They combine the supportive nature of a community of practice with the stimulation of being surrounded by new perspectives and ideas. APs (and potential APs) thrive in these spaces. To find out more about the Constellations, click here. (please note that applications closed at 5pm on the 30th of June 2021).
You can also:
- participate in the Developing Advanced Practitioners CPD programme
- join in the National Advanced Practitioners’ Conference, March 25th 2022
- access Practitioner-Led FE Professional Learning, including grant funding
- apply for a place on the Train the Trainers in FE Professional Learning
For a full overview of the programme, click here
What do previous participants say about the programme?
Watch this YouTube video in which participant Marshida Moreska relates her experiences of the programme and her key takeaways.
Take a look at this collection of AP Reflections to discover more about how the programme has helped previous participants to develop their practice and bring positive change to their teams and organisations.
Please note that your organisation has to be in receipt of ESFA funding for you to be eligible to participate in the #APConnect programme.